Tips for Laying Turf
- Make sure top soil is level and free from lumps, a level surface
ensures maximum root contact to the ground.
Lightly wet the soil in hot conditions before laying.
- Start laying along the longest straight edge of your area.
- Lay across the slope. never down the slope.
- Stagger the joins in a brickwork pattern.
- Make sure all joints are butted firmly together without gaps between turf.
- Start watering your new turf within 20 minutes of laying.
- Newly laid lawns need watering every day for the first two weeks.
- Your established lawn will benefit from a deep watering once a week in hot, dry conditions.
- To maintain a healthy weed free lawn, fertilize at least 3 times throughout the year.
- To avoid burning your lawn, make sure you water in well after applying fertilizer.
- Newly laid lawns can be mown approximately three weeks after laying.
- Check that your lawns root system has started to bind with the soil before mowing.
- For the first cut, set your mower up high, only taking off the top third of the leaf.